Thanks for using Switshot. The developer of Switshot, Zhiwen Zheng (Astrian Zheng, known as “the developer”), respects your privacy. Here is a summary of how Switshot collects and uses your information.
- In general, Switshot will NOT collect any personal information.
- Data will sync with iCloud if you turn iCloud function of Switshot on.
- If you turn “Analytics & Improvements” on in iOS, iOS will collect some extra diagnosis information related to Switshot anonymously, upload them to Apple and share to developer.
- Join beta testing will collect extra personal information, however, those information will only be used to contact you for more further diagnosis information about Switshot.
When you use Switshot app, Switshot will collect:
- Device network status
- Specific device (such as, Nintendo Switch) information inside network, such as, personalized device name
- The type, meta data (such as, the title of the game, create time, etc.) and content of media files (include but not limit to photos, videos, audios) you request to process in Switshot
- The timepoints you use specific functions in Switshot
- Extra meta data you created in Switshot for manage media, include but not limit to tags, favorite flag, structured information
Those data may store inside Switshot internal database and storage space, which will be used for manage the media files transfered in. Except for the extra features or special cases (see “Exceptions and Extensions” section below), Switshot will not collect any other information that can be used to track you.
Data Useage and Sharing
Data storaged in Switshot internal database and storage space will only be used inside Switshot, and will not be sent to any server or app, including Switshot developer's server or app and third party's server or app, in the following cases:
- Not notify you
- Not allowed by you
Exceptions and Extensions
Switshot achive cloud sync with iCloud function. The purpose of cloud sync is to make your data available to other devices, so that you can access your data on other devices.
iCloud function is provided by Apple Inc. According to the region information related to your Apple ID logged in, iCloud function includes iCloud service and iCloud GCBD service. iCloud service is operated by Apple Inc. iCloud GCBD service is operated by Aipo Cloud (Guizhou) Technology Co., Ltd. (known as “GCBD”).
If you turn iCloud function of Switshot on, data stored in Switshot will be synced with iCloud service or iCloud GCBD service (according to your Apple ID region). Meanwhile, Switshot may collect some data from your Apple ID to complete the sync process. The data related to your Apple ID will only be used locally, and will not be sent.
If you want to check iCloud operator related to your Apple ID:
- Go to Settings app in iOS
- Tap your avatar and your name on the top, then tap “iCloud”
- Check “Storage” on the top. If it has the text “iCloud 由云上贵州运营”, it means that your iCloud operator is GCBD, otherwise, it is Apple Inc.
If you prefer not to upload data in Switshot to iCloud service or iCloud GCBD service, you can turn cloud sync function off inside iOS settings.
You can check the legal documents of iCloud service and iCloud GCBD service in the following link:
- Apple ID and Privacyopen in new window
- iCloud operated by GCBD Terms and Conditionsopen in new window
- Welcome to iCloudopen in new window
The above list does not represent all legal information regarding Apple services, or features or services related to iCloud. Additional applicable legal information can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/. Depending on your Apple ID and geographic location, the applicable legal information may vary.
Debugging and Diagnosis Data
“Analysis and Improvements” feature, which is provided by iOS, allows iOS collect and analyze your usage of Switshot automatically, upload them to server provided by Apple for developers to generate reports for the developer. Apple has already aggregated the data, or pre-processed them with non-identifiable form.
If you turn on “Analysis and Improvements” feature in iOS, iOS may send diagnosis data of Switshot to the developer. The diagnosis data may have your personal information, include but not limit to your device hardware information, device status and input status.
The developer may use them to improve function or experience of Switshot. The developer will not share them with any third-party.
Learn more information about “Analysis and Improvement” feature and the way opt-out, please visit the following link:
The above list does not represent all legal information regarding Apple services, or features or services related to “Analytics and Improvements”. Additional applicable legal information can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/. Depending on your Apple ID and geographic location, the applicable legal information may vary.
Switshot have beta testing through TestFlight, which used for testing and improving new features of Switshot.
Different from “Analytics and Improvements”, iOS will collect more data through TestFlight, include but not limit to more detailed crash log or operation record. Those data may related your personal information (such as full name) and contact information (such as email address). Those data will only be used for the developer to contact you for more detailed debugging information, and will not be used for other purposes. When the testing period is over or recived your extra requests, the developer will actively destroy the related information.
If you do not wish those data to be collected, you cannot be accepted into the beta test. You can opt-out the beta test at any time and request to clear all related personal information. For more information about TestFlight, please visit the following link:
- TestFlight Terms of Serviceopen in new window
- Privacy and Data (Test App with TestFlight)open in new window
The above list does not represent all legal information regarding Apple services, or features or services related to TestFlight. Additional applicable legal information can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/. Depending on your Apple ID and geographic location, the applicable legal information may vary.
Contact and Updates
If you have any questions or want to retrieve, modify, or delete your information related to Switshot, please contact the developer through .
This document is a rolling update document. The developer will notify you of upcoming updates on application store page of Switshot or the updates website. However, the developer cannot guarantee that you can recive the changing notice definitely. You are advised to check this document for updates at any time.